- 10 Medium PotatoesBoiled and Cooked. In room temperature
- 6 EggsHard boiled. In room temperature
- 1/2 Cup OlivesBlack Olives, Chopped
- 1/3 Cup OlivesSpanish Olives, Chopped
- 1 OnionsWhite or Yellow Onion
- 3-4 Tbsp Banana PeppersFinely chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 2-3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
My mother-in-laws potato salad is one of those dishes you can start eating but can never really stop. You always go back for second and third serving.
I thought a lot before giving the recipe here. Not because it is such a big secret but because there isn’t really a recipe!
It is just a list of ingredients you need to incorporate together and season with salt and pepper and dress with mayo and mustard.
The only challenging thing would be to cook the potatoes and eggs in water. I assume my readers know how to do it. I also assume you know how to over-cook eggs and potatoes. If you do then you obviously won’t enjoy this salad (and for that matter anything you make with your over-cooked eggs and potatoes).
Some Tips For Success:
- Make the eggs and potatoes ahead of time.
- Let the eggs and potatoes reach room temperature before cutting them.
- Don’t over-cook the eggs and potatoes
- It is better to start with less mayo and mustard and then add some if needed
Having extra potatoes? why not try our recipe for over crushed baked potatoes!