- 2 whole chicken breastOven Roasted
- 2 sticks CeleryFinely Chopped
- 1 Cup Red GrapesHalved
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 2-3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp Dill Mix
- 1-2 Tsp Salt
- Black Pepper
So yes, ten minutes! really it’s not a mistake! Also, this chicken salad does not compromise in flavor. I’ve tried many recipes but this one tops all in my opinion.
You will need some roasted chicken. You probably ask yourself why would you roast a chicken just to make a chicken salad out of it? well don’t! I only make this recipe when I have leftovers. Leftovers for us mean chicken breast. For some reason this is what left in the end and it’s the best for a chicken salad!
So a chicken breast from one chicken is what I used in this recipe or if you want you can call it two chicken breasts. once you have that this recipe is all about chopping the ingredients and mixing them all together. The hardest part would be to roast the walnuts. they add very nice smoky flavor once they are roasted.
Tips for success:
- First of all use a good and juicy roasted chicken breast. If it is dry, no amount of mayo can save it
- Make sure the grapes are sweet. The contrast adds a lot. my favorites are red seedless grapes.
- Don’t over roast your walnuts. Burnt walnuts are very different than roasted…
- This salad tastes even better the day after and can easily stay fresh for around five days in the fridge.