- 1 Big Caulifloweror 2 small ones
- 1 Bunch DillFresh
- 1 Bunch parsleyFresh
- 10-15 leaves Basil
- 1 Bunch Arugula
- 1/2 Cup HazelnutsRoasted and chopped
- From 2 lemons Lemon zest
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/3 Cup Olive oil
- 1/3 Cup Simple SyrupMade from boiling half sugar half water
- 4 Tbsp Walnut Oil
So here is a fare warning. This cauliflower salad is not an easy one to make. However, the reward given to all who labor to make it is far greater than the effort!
Why is it so labor intensive? well because you have a lot of chopping and grating to do and I really mean a lot. You have to chop finely all the herbs and you have to grate the cauliflower. Do not attempt to chop it or to use the food processor for it because you need to get grains that resemble a Tabbouleh Salad and that can be done by hand using a simple grater…
This salad is very fresh. make sure the ingredients are top quality because they are not cooked and the cauliflower is used raw. Together with the sauce this salad is very very fragrant and will not resemble any other salad that you’ve made. Enjoy!
Some Tips for Success:
- Do NOT use the food processor to chop the cauliflower
- However, if you have a “top grating” disc feel free to use it if you trust it enough
- Get roasted Hazelnuts or roast them at home on a clean skillet till fragrant. Let them cool before adding to the salad
- If you have “too much” salad left I recommend not to add the sauce and hazelnuts to the chopped ingredients. Instead combine just before serving. It will keep fresh for days in the fridge like this
- Simple Syrup is made from equal portions of sugar and water. just melt it gently in a saucepan and let them both combine. Use it only when it is in room temperature
If you want another great recipe with cauliflower then try our oven baked cauliflower. It is really delicious!
Chopping All The Salad Ingredients
Making The Sauce