For Beef Mix
- 1 Lbs / 0.5 Kg Ground BeefI use lean beef
- 1 OnionsChopped
- 1 Tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Mirin
- 2 Tsp Soy sauceOr Tamari for Gluten Free Version
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Pine NutsSlightly toasted
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
For Stir Fry Mix
- 1 Pack Flat Rice Noddles
- 1 big CarrotShaved
- 1 red Onion
- 3 Tbsp corianderChopped fresh leaves
- 1 small pack Scallionsee picture
For Marinade Mix
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Soy sauceOr Tamari
- 1-2 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1 Tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 Tsp GingerPeeled & grated
- 2 Cloves GarlicChopped
First of all don’t be intimidated by the long list of ingredients. These Drunken Flat Rice Noodles are so easy to make! Having said that you should be organized when making this dish otherwise you’ll just forget ingredients or it might take you more time than it should.
I promise that if you read and follow all the steps the result will be restaurant quality like, if not better!
I admit that the wide rice noodles are a bit hard to find but they are worth it. When you do find them buy several packs because they are very cheap (usually).
Some Tips for Success:
- Work with a good wok. Regardless if you have the correct hand movement when using it, a good wok makes a huge difference.
- When working with the wok use the highest heat!
- Don’t use regular rice noodles. This dish works with the flat and wide kind. They are like small lasagna sheets
- You can make the beef mix and marinade ahead to save time
- You can add as many or as less veggies as you like
Making The Beef Mix
Heat the oil and add the chopped onion. Fry till transparent and very slightly golden. Add the beef and start separating it. You have to work quickly because you dont want it to stick together. After 10 minutes it should be well brown and have evaporated all its liquids. Add the salt, pepper and red crushed pepper and mix and stir for 1 minutes. Add the rice vinegar, Mirin, Soy and Worcestershire and cook for 2 more minutes. Leave aside to cool. After few minutes add the Pine Nuts and mix them well.
Prepping the Noodles and Marinade
To save time you can work on this step while making the beef mix!
Combining The Dish
Add 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil to a wok on the highest heat. After 2 minutes add the red onion and mix very well for 1 minutes. Add the shaved carrot and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the flat rice noodles and the marinade. Mix well for 1 -2 minutes. Add the beef and stir well for 1 more minutes. Add the scallions and chopped coriander (leave some for garnishing). Remove from fire and let it rest for 1-2 minutes. Serve in a deep bowl!